Come Join us from 9:30am – 3:00pm, Sunday January 2022 @ Turpin Meadow Ranch, Moran WY
Free Nordic Skiing, Fat Biking and Snowshoeing for all! Once again the JH Nordic Alliance will be heading up to Turpin Meadow Ranch for a day filled with winter trail recreation and outdoor activities, food, coffee, fun, and a huge raffle. Community and visitors, families, kids of all ages, dog friendly (on leash), all welcome.
Event includes a free trail pass and free demos of innovative cross-country and skate ski gear and fat-bikes from local shops and suppliers. This unique once-a-year event provides a great opportunity to try out the latest cross-country classic, skate, backcountry Nordic skis, fat bikes, and snowshoes. Nordic skis/gear of all sizes from ages 2-92 will be available.
*We also encourage BYO Nordic skis, fat bikes , and/or snowshoes to explore the trails in case demos are busy.
Aside from the demos, there will be free ski lessons for those new to classic and skate skiing, USFS winter nature talks, snowshoe tours with Hole Hiking Experience, and back-country Nordic ski tours with JH Ecotour Adventures. If you have never cross country skied or want to explore on and off trail in the beautiful Bridger-Teton national forest, this is a fantastic opportunity. Plus local snacks, lunch, hot drinks, warming tents and Kids Corral for the under 5 skiers.
This Day Includes:
- Free Nordic ski demos from Rossignol, Fischer, Salomon & Madshus from Skinny Skis and JD Outfitters (BYO your own gear as well, to use when you’re not doing a demo).
- Free Nordic ski lessons by Teton County/Jackson Parks & Rec (30 min. Intro lessons)
- Free fat bike demos courtesy of Teton Mtn Bike Tours, Friends of Pathways, Fitzgerald’s Bicycles, Turpin Meadow Ranch, The Hub Bikes.
- Free snowshoe demos and tours from Hole Hiking Experience
- Free back country Nordic ski tours led by JH Ecotour Adventures
- Winter ecosystem information by the Bridger-Teton US Forest Service Rangers and Friends of Bridger-Teton..
- Lunch, snacks, hot and cold drinks available (cash preferred); Fire pits, outdoor heaters and warming tent
- Kates Real Food bar samples and Trilipiderm sun screen sample packets
- Snake River Roasting coffee
- Kids Corral with sledding and kiddie size XC skis and even more kids gear this year – hosted by Snow King Mountain and 22Nordic.
- Try Turpin’s new dedicated fat bike trails & 15k of Nordic ski trails – free! And free Winter Trail & Pathway Maps, produced by Friends of Pathways, JHNordic, and TC/J Community Pathways
- Featuring Friends of Pathways -local non-profit -for special Raffle
- Register to attend –click here
Following the Teton County Public Health Guidelines:
- All activities are outdoors in open spaces
- Masks required -please BYO (we’ll have free masks on hand, just in case, from JH Chamber available at each of the 3 event locations)
- Individual waivers for each activity provider; online waiver/registration at Turpin Meadow Ranch
- Participants to use their own car as their basecamp
- Disinfectant applied for demo bikes, snowshoes, nordic skis
- Signs from the JH Travel & Tourism Board on Mask wearing will be posted at each of the 3 locations.
- Recommendation to stay home if you are sick, have any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone sick.
Share your Experience
If you are have joined in on the fun at our JH Nordic Alliance Annual event before, we want to hear from you. E-mail us your photos, video and your words to describe your experience. And be sure to tell a friend and even bring them with you!
Directions to Turpin Meadow Ranch
1 hour 15 minutes north of Jackson, on Buffalo Fork Valley Road. Take Hwy 191 north, join hwy 287 East at Moran. Turn left (north) onto Buffalo Fork Valley Road. Turpin meadow Ranch is 10 miles at the end of the plowed road.