The Jackson Hole Nordic Alliance is thrilled to host our 6th Annual Free Ski, Fat Bike, and Snowshoe Day at Turpin Meadow Ranch on Sunday, January 7, 2024. Astounding scenic views, an amazing community of athletes and locals, and winter sports all come together to make our annual event in Moran a thrill for all ages. Get your blood pumping with family and friends at what has become a favorite community tradition for winter recreation in the Greater Teton Area.
Events to look forward to at JH Nordic Free Ski, Fat Bike, and Snowshoe Day:
– Fun, Free Community Day – with Raffle benefiting local Nordic Alliance non-profit
– Trail pass
– Skate & classic XC ski demo gear
– Fat bike demos
– Nordic ski lessons
– BackCountry Nordic Ski & Snowshoe tours
– Kids Corral (2-5 yr olds)
– Bridger-Teton USFS wildlife and wilderness info
– Teton Adaptive Sports, Friends of Bridger-Teton, PAWS, JH Wildlife Foundation, Teton Science School Wildlife Expeditions, TC/J Parks & Rec, JH Ski & Snowboard Club Masters, TC Weed & Pest, and more local non-profits
– Kates Bars, Trilipiderm cream, lunch, snacks, hot & cold drinks
– Family-friendly fun
– Bring your own gear
– Carpooling encouraged – Use our JH Nordic Skier’s Facebook group and coordinate with others that plan to attend!
-Shuttle graciously provided by Teton Science Schools – Leaving Home Ranch at 9am – return – leaving Turpin at 2:45 pm.
Two vans seating 10 people each. Only 20 people max. Nordic skis/poles welcome. No bikes. No dogs. Simply email email@example.com and reserve your spot!
What to Bring
We love seeing the community come out together. Bring your family, friends, visitors, dogs (on leash) and enjoy this annual event that is provided free of charge due to our generous community donors.
Bringing your own skis and bikes to use between free demos and tours is recommended.
Check TurpinMeadowRanch.com or the JH Nordic Trail Reports for updates on Nordic Ski, fat bike and snowshoe trail conditions. The Turpin Meadow Ranch live web cam is another great resource for up to date conditions, as well.
Additionally, for the health and safety of our community, we encourage responsible outdoor winter recreation with social distancing. Kindly stay home when you or family members are sick.
Join us for this highly anticipated day of testing out new winter gear and making great memories at our 5th Annual Free Ski, Fat Bike, and Snowshoe Day with JH Nordic and our community partners. Stay tuned for more updates. See you on the trails!