See Jackson Hole Nordic Alliance’s latest features, trails, trail reports, featured profiles, and much more.
- ICYMI: April/May 2023We don’t want you to miss a thing from April and May Nordic happenings. JHNordic.com is committed to bringing you great content daily. Even if you aren’t hitting the trails atop of snow, JHNordic.com is a great resource for Trail Search on the off-season. We have revved down on our Daily Trail Report emails but we do send out emails the first Saturday of each month to give you updates on all things JH Nordic… Read More
- “How To Live in a Ski Town While You’re Too Injured to Ski”When all you want to do is play in the mountains, but can’t… try Nordic walking. We stand by proper rehab to get back on your feet in time for next winter!
- Wildlife in Wyoming is at it’s most vulnerableWildlife in Wyoming is at it’s most vulnerable, thanks to record snowfall and low temperatures this winter. Springtime is the most challenging time.
- Profiles in Nordic: Stacey Barker of Barking Goat StudiosFor the 2023 ski season, we were fortunate to collaborate with Stacey Barker of Barking Goat Studios on a custom JH Nordic NoSo Patch and sticker. The design, pictured left, depicts a few of the different ways recreators can use winter trails with animals doing human things, a familiar subject for Stacey’s illustrations. “A lot of my stuff is animal based. I like doing this thing where I draw an animal doing a human activity,”… Read More
- ICYMI: March 2023We don’t want you to miss a thing from March Nordic happenings. JHNordic.com is committed to bringing you great content daily. Whether you are looking for grooming or daily trail reports, featured Nordic ski events, or profiles on local Nordic ski luminaries. We are striving to be your number 1 source on everything Nordic skiing in the Greater Teton area. March Nordic Happenings includes: GIVEAWAY: Share your JH Outdoor Adventure We realize that now more… Read More
- Responsible Nordic Skiing Looks Like This..It’s Mid-March now; typically, this time of year, we see many signs of Spring as Spring Break approaches more daylight, warm temperatures sweep in, and wildlife emerges. But with all of this snow, it’s no wonder we all feel winter will be a little longer this season. Despite what season may be upon us, recreating responsibly is the only way to enjoy the trails in this magnificent place. So here is a friendly reminder the… Read More
- Profiles in Nordic: Scott Sanchez of JD High Country OutfittersJD High Country Outfitters’s Store Manager, Scott Sanchez, has been skiing in the Tetons since ‘84. Nearly 40 years later, he’s rarely missed a ski day. JD High Country Outfitters is born Scott’s place of business came about years ago when two existing storefronts merged. Jack Dennis Sports, established in 1972, and High Country Flies, established in 1974. Since its fusion, JD High Country Outfitters has been helping outdoor recreators get outfitted for all kinds… Read More
- Ven a esquí conmigo, “Ski with me”Cross country skiing helps to remove educational and financial barriers to the Latinx community to recreating outside in winter in Jackson Hole
- Profiles in Nordic: In Their Own Words – Scott O’BrienWhen Skinny Skis opened its doors in 1974, it would be one of the best things for the growing cross-country ski community in Jackson, Wyoming. While JH Nordic would serve as an educational resource and JH Ski & Snowboard Club mentored the next generation of skiers, Skinny Skis made sure cross-country skiers were properly outfitted for the trails. As a local small business, Skinny Skis asserted itself as the nordic specialty shop in the valley,… Read More
- ICYMI: February 2023We don’t want you to miss a thing from February nordic happenings. JHNordic.com is committed to bringing you great content daily. Whether you are looking for grooming or daily trail reports, featured nordic ski events, or profiles on local nordic ski luminaries. We are striving to be your number 1 source on everything nordic skiing in the Greater Teton area. Did you know there was a “Beers and Banter” at Jackson Hole History Museum and… Read More
- Who Ya Gonna Call?By Gregory Zeigler Aron made a mistake when he headed off to solo Bluejohn Canyon in Southeastern Utah. I shall never forget the call I got from my daughter, Jamie, in early May 2003. “Turn on CNN” she said. “They are saying Aron cut off his arm.” I did. And he had. Aron being, Aron Ralston, my daughter’s ex-boyfriend. When you find yourself in a dangerous position in the backcountry, do you know who to call… Read More
- A Day at Turpin Meadow RanchThe team that makes this ranch run describes their experience of this extraordinary lodge and Nordic trails just north of Grand Teton National Park in Moran, Wyoming.
Daily Trail Reports
Explore Winter Trails