Nordic Skiing, Fat Biking and Snowshoeing for all! Once again the JH Nordic Alliance will be heading up to Turpin Meadow Ranch for a day filled with winter activities, food, coffee, fun, and a huge raffle. Welcomes community and visitors, families, kids of all ages, dog friendly (on leash), easy access thanks to a free Town-to-Turpin shuttle van.
Mark your calendar for the first Sunday in January: Sunday, January 5th from 10am to 3pm at Turpin Meadow Ranch (24505 Buffalo Valley Rd. Moran WY).
Event includes a free trail pass and free demos of innovative gear from local shops and suppliers. This unique once-a-year event provides a great opportunity to try out the latest cross-country classic, skate, backcountry Nordic skis, fat bikes, and snowshoes. This event is perfect to try out new winter trail activities for free. Nordic skis/gear of all sizes from ages 2-92 will be available.
Aside from the demos, there will be free lessons for those new to classic and skate skiing, USFS winter nature talks, snowshoe tours with Hole Hiking Experience, and back-country Nordic ski tours with JH Ecotour Adventures. If you have never cross country skied or want to explore on and off trail in the beautiful Bridger-Teton national forest, January 5th is the ideal day to try it out.
This Day Includes:
- Free Nordic ski demos from Rossignol, Fischer, Salomon & Madshus from Skinny Skis (BYO your own gear as well, to use when you’re not doing a demo).
- Free Nordic ski lessons by Teton County/Jackson Parks & Rec (30 min. Intro lessons)
- NEW: Tween Nordic trail
- Free fat bike demos courtesy of Teton Mtn Bike Tours, Friends of Pathways, Hoback Sports, Fitzgerald’s Bicycles, Turpin Meadow Ranch.
- Free snowshoe demos and tours from Hole Hiking Experience
- Free back country Nordic ski tours led by JH Ecotour Adventures
- Winter ecosystem information by the Bridger-Teton US Forest Service Rangers and Friends of Bridger-Teton.
- NEW: Warming tent with wildlife stories, Public Lands info from the Bridger-Teton Forest Service, Nordic skiing with JH Ski Club.
- Lunch, hot and cold drinks available (cash preferred);
- NEW: Melvin Brewing will be there!
- Kates Real Food bar samples and Trilipiderm sun screen sample packets
- NEW: Snake River Roasting coffee!
- Kids Corral with sledding and kiddie size XC skis and even more kids gear this year – hosted by Snow King Mountain and 22Nordic.
- Try Turpin’s new dedicated fat bike trails & 15k of Nordic ski trails – free! And free Winter Trail & Pathway Maps, produced by Friends of Pathways, JHNordic, and TC/J Community Pathways
- Stay Wild Fat Bike Raffle (sponsored by JH Travel & Tourism), 2 Stio jackets, Trilipiderm Winter Sun Essentials Pack, Latest Nordic Skis from Skinny Skis, Snowshoe or XC Ski Tour in GTNP with Hole Hiking Experience, JHNordic neck gaiter “Buffs”, and much more.
Proceeds from the Raffle will be donated to a local JH Nordic Alliance non-profit (JH Ski Club Nordic for their new snow-cat fund).
- FREE Town to Turpin Shuttle – by JH Ski Club
- Pickup – 9:15am at Home Ranch Welcome Center, Return – 4:00pm ( other times may be available)
- RSVP to info@JHNordic.com to reserve your seat.
Sign the Event Activity and Trail Use Waiver Online
Speed through Registration by pre-signing the Event Activity and Trail Use Waiver online -click here .
Once the Waiver form is completed online, you will be able to print a pdf copy. We encourage you to print this to present at registration. WE can also look you up as “pre-registered” .
Turpin Meadows Ranch is a short drive from Jackson Hole (about an hour) in Buffalo Valley. Both lunch and hot and cold drinks will be available for purchase in the Turpin Meadows Lodge. A limited number of cozy, elegantly classic log cabins are available for an overnight stay by
reservation. (307) 543-2000. Or lots of lodging options in Jackson.
Dogs are welcome too! Leashes will be required for dogs near the main lodge but they are free to roam the trails, just be sure to clean up after them.
Do not miss your chance to play in the snow and try out a new sport (or two!). And cozy up by the fire in Turpin Meadow Ranch Lodge.
And all the while, you get incredible views of the Tetons and Bridger Teton National Forest! Bring your camera – you might spot some elk or bison herd en route in Grand Teton National Park!
Share your Experience
If you are have joined in on the fun at our JH Nordic Alliance Annual event before, we want to hear from you. E-mail us your photos, video and your words to describe your experience. And be sure to tell a friend and even bring them with you!
We are always happy for more volunteers to help make this fun-filled day run smoothly. If you are interested in volunteering please e-mail us.